Dear Family,
Hej hej!
Once again thank you for writing me! (I hope that writing me was a nice break from writing your book, but not a distracting one!)
To answer Dad's questions first, the Swedish is coming along... slowly, but coming. My German keeps slipping in and I don't even notice. It's actually a little bit frustrating. I'm not even very good at either Spanish of German, but now that I'm trying to learn Swedish they insist on running around my mind rampantly.
| Syster Kjanela Fawcett with her MTC companions |
(To be fair the Elders are also quite fun. I'm glad we're all in a district together)
I have been working very hard on being exactly obedient. You'll be delighted to hear that I am up at the latest at 6:30 every morning (6:30 being the time we are supposed to get up, but there are early morning exercise classes for Sisters only that I often go to. I quite enjoy them! I didn't know you could have that much fun doing Steps!) and I am in bed every night at 10:30. And I'm doing my best to be obedient during all the hours in between.
| Syster Kjanela Fawcett with here MTC District |
Although my sleeping is still a little erratic, a few nights I was awake at two and couldn't get back to sleep, the day following it was very very long, I was so tired the whole day. The next night was nearly as bad.
I wish you the best of luck (Lycka till!) with your book Dad! I'm sure you can do it! And I hope what sleep you do get will be restful!
| Syster Kjanela Fawcett with her MTC Companions |
| Syster Kjanela Fawcett with her district |
Also to be fair, I don't TRY to focus my curiosity on things that don't matter, I do try to focus on the important things. But Curiosity has a tendency to be just that... curious. :D I'm doing my best!
Taft... I'll be honest, I burst out laughing when I read that you'd been going to the wrong class. The missionaries next to me gave me strange looks. I'm glad you got it worked out, and at least you have a funny story to tell!
Keana! I'm so glad you got asked out! I hope the date (which ever you go on) will be fun and enjoyable!
Ah Woodland Hills Day! What great fun! I loved Woodland Hills Day! I hope Dallin and Taft came back nice and colorful!
I'm glad you got to be Good Samaritans! I'm sure the truck driver appreciated it! And to be honest, I'm jealous that you got to do it in the rain! I love the rain! I feel as though rain is... beauty and magic and life and freedom personified... except not personified... so put into a structure and sent down to bring us joy!
I wish you the uttermost luck in getting ready for that half marathon this weekend! :D You're going to have SUCH fun! I'll be honest... I'm very glad I'm not running it though! Hopefully you'll be nice and sore (but the good kind of sore that let's you know you've done a job well! That sort of sore)
I feel as though so much has happened this week, yet I also feel as though not much has actually happened.
I've been going to many of the early morning exercise classes. We actually got permission to do splits in the mornings since my companion prefers to sleep. But I can't really blame her. I quite adore sleeping as well. But I need the exercise, it's a lot of fun, and it wakes me up! Which is always a good thing to have happen. Being awake.
I've been having the strangest dreams. I fell out of a window last night in my dreams. But it's ok. I didn't die. My dreamself was far more capable than I'll ever be.
I taught a Law of Chastity lesson. It was... weird. In Sweden it's more common to just live with a person rather than Marry them. So marrying is sort of against the social norm, sort of. But it was an interesting experience, one that I won't be surprised if I have many more of.
When we teach lessons we teach them all in Svenska (Swedish) and it's very interesting, I'll plan it out (I don't think I've ever followed my plan though) but I worry because I feel as though I'm not really expressing myself because the language is still strange, but I go in there and things flow out much more easily (Unfortunately some of the things that flow out are NOT Swedish... Spanish and German are messing with my mind! Any advice on how to separate the languages in my head would be AWESOME!)
Oooh, in my Branch we don't know who will be giving the talk until after the Sacrament is over and it's time for them to talk. So far I haven't had to give a talk. But I'm sort of excited to be able to. It's a teensy bit stressful though, waiting to know if today is YOUR day.
I LOVE to sing. LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's such fun! I sing all the time! (But not all the time, I don't sing when I'm supposed to be doing other things) But I'm a little amazed by how many hymns and childrens songs I know. This morning I've had "I want to know for myself" stuck in my head. That's a great one! (Scripture Scouts, so a child's song... but not...)
Let's see... Ooh! I cleaned the showers this morning for my service project! I got to spray foam at things! That was awesome.
But then... I had a hose attached to a pipe, and I thought I'd turned off the pipe, but... I hadn't... So I started unscrewing the hose... I'm sure you can imagine what happened next. (Don't worry I didn't completely unscrew the hose, so I didn't make a mess, but I did get a whole bunch of water straight in the face...) I screamed so loud, I was so surprised, my companion thought I was being murdered. But fear not, I am still alive and have not met an untimely death.
But it was a lot of fun!
Ah! Guess what else! We found a bag of M&Ms in the sharing box! So we all got a handful! It was great!
Hmm, my watch is... weird. It stopped working, but then started working, but then stopped working... but then started working. But now it's working again. But it kept stopping and then starting again five minutes later. Don't really know what happened there.
Ooh! Also, the Sisters that I share a room with have sort of decided that we'll have a story every night. I'm not quite sure how it happened but I somehow became the official story teller. So every night I take like a minute to try and think of a story. They've been interesting. But I've had SO much fun with it! There was one story about Stars, and another story about a Brother's love.
Have I mentioned how much I love my family? The three of you that are still at home. Appreciate each other. Show love for each other with the small things.
There was one night I was having a bad night. (I hadn't slept well the night before) and I was tired, and Swedish had been bad all day and I was feeling a little depressed... and I felt like sobbing. (I know a little melodramatic). And one of the Sisters, a Sister Hosenfeld, she didn't say anything deep or profound, but she just checked up on me. And, it made all the difference. I felt as though she had been the answer to the prayers I had fervently been saying. I had just needed to be reminded that I was loved and cared for.
Right now you have each other, so do your best to remind each other every day that you care about each other, it can make all the difference in the world, and you may never know. The other sisters didn't know I'd been having a hard day, but... they still made my day better.
Oh, you know what's exciting! Reading a scripture in a different language and... UNDERSTANDING it (Like every word, and what it meant, and how it applied and all that) It's SO exhilarating. Don't you think languages are a blast! The stretching of the mind, the small gaining of comprehension day by day. Sure it's more than frustrating often enough. But it's also WONDERFUL! And I love it, and it makes me so happy!
Ooh, Sister Bass gave me some Colorful Pens yesterday! I love Colors. I love them! There's something wonderfully fun about choosing what color you want to write in, and making an elegant (or not so elegant stroke often enough in my case) and having it come out in green or purple! Whoever came up with pens is a genius.
Oh, my companion, Sister Christison, actually sent me a letter in the mail. I think she felt a little bad because the sisters tend to get a lot of mail, and I don't. (Don't worry it doesn't bother me!) And so she sent me a letter! It was such fun!
You know what else is fun! Sending letters! There's something great about putting a letter into the big blue mail post... thing? Box? That...
Ooh! I memorized a scripture in Swedish.
2 Nephi 2:24
You should read it!
Ooh, in choir we were talking, and the Choir director said something wonderful, I shall attempt to share it with you. I liked it.
You know the song "Where Can I Turn For Peace?" Well, I love that song, and that's also the song we get to sing this week. So if you feel the desire, you should sing it as a family sometime soon! Anyways, so there's a line "Reaches my Reaching..." talking about the Savior. And the Choir Director reminded us of Peter, and when he walked out onto the water... and then, after he had walked quite a way he noticed that it was storming... and he was walking on water, and he looked away from the Savior... and... fell.
He reminded us that as he was in the water, in the middle of the storm, he reached out to the Savior and cried "Lord, Save Me." And the Savior reached out IMMEDIATELY and saved him. Sometimes we're the ones drowning, and it's hard, and we did our best, but the natural man, the fear, whatever it was, stopped us. We fell. And we can reach out, and we can call out "Lord, Save Me." And he will. He will reach for us as we reach for him.
I love that song so much, it's so beautiful.
It also reminded me of Alma 36 when Alma is telling Helaman about his days of great mental anguish. And he too cried out for help from the Savior. "Oh Savior, thou Son of God, have mercy on my soul."
Isn't it wonderful that we have such a loving Father and Heaven, and such a loving Savior. Who WANT to help us? Who wait anxiously for us to call upon them, who desire to give us as many blessings as they can, if we but try to be worthy of them? How blessed are we!
To be able to have the Gift of The Holy Ghost, the third member of the Godhead. To be able to walk with him, to have him dwell with us if we but let him!
We are truly truly blessed. And to imagine I have the opportunity to inform others of these blessings, to hopefully help them receive of these blessings! Aren't we lucky Dallin? (Do remind me of that when the rigors and stress of Missionary Work dampens my attitude!) (Though I shall try not to let it...) (As I wrote that I was reminded of Yoda's wise words... Do or Do Not... There is no Try.) (I think that's something I'll have to work on as well!)
Life is amazing. I hope you all know that. I can hardly believe that this Wednesday will mark my FOURTH Wednesday! Can you believe that? I hardly feel as though I've been here for three weeks! Well, time flies when you're super busy (and having fun).
About the Driving Record. If you can get that to me BEFORE September 30th can you send it here. But if not, then probably to my mission home address.
Question recap (and any additional ones): Any advice on the sleeping?
Any advice on the language confusion?
How did you like the poems from last week?
How was the half-marathon (I know you haven't gone on it yet... as of when I write this, but you will have before you write me back... I think)?
Is it true that you can't really learn more than like three languages and be good at all of them? Someone told me that you could only be good at like three languages and it made me sad, I think I told you all that I want to learn five languages...
I LOVE YOU!!!
Jag Älska Du!
Hey Då!
I don't know if that worked! But I wrote it with the Swedish letters there at the end, not sure if that will cross over with the email, if it doesn't... pretend. :D
I LOVE YOU!
Sister Kjanela Fawcett
There are no rules of architecture for a Castle in the Clouds.
Flying is simple-Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!
No comments:
Post a Comment